Sunday 8 April 2012

Casa Verde - Brunch at the Botanic Gardens

I am always on the look out for restaurants that serve brunch that are decently priced and pet/ dog friendly.  I brought my fur kids and some friends who were visiting to the Singapore Botanic Gardens over the weekend and tried out Casa Verde which is situated beside the Visitors Centre.


One of us had the Western Breakfast Set (SGD 13.50) which comes with orange juice, coffee, or tea.  I got to try the scrambled eggs, and I thought it was cooked perfectly.  It was light and fluffy with the right amount of liquid.  The hash browns in Casa Verde are really enjoyable as well with a nice crispy golden brown outer layer.
Western Breakfast Set (SGD 13.50)
I had the Corned Beef with Hash Browns (SGD 11.00).  This was served with a poached egg on top.  I love the combination of the oozing yolk with the beef.   However I thought the portion of the hash browns were a little too small for the amount of meat that was served.
Corned Beef with Hash Browns (SGD 11.00)
I also enjoyed the Iced Cappuccino (SGD 5.50), which I thought looked pretty despite it being served in an ordinary plastic cup.
Iced Cappuccino (SGD 5.50)
This brunch experience at Casa Verde was very pleasant.  Pricing is decent as well compared to other restaurants that serve brunch.  This will definitely be worth a return trip, especially for a weekend stroll around the botanic gardens with the husband and my pets.


Casa Verde
1 Cluny Road
Visitors Centre, Botanic Gardens
Tel #: 6467 7326

No comments:

Post a Comment